BusinessPostCorner.com
No Result
View All Result
Monday, August 17, 2026
  • Home
  • Business
  • Finance
  • Accounting
  • Tax
  • Management
  • Marketing
  • Crypto News
  • Human Resources
BusinessPostCorner.com
  • Home
  • Business
  • Finance
  • Accounting
  • Tax
  • Management
  • Marketing
  • Crypto News
  • Human Resources
No Result
View All Result
BusinessPostCorner.com
No Result
View All Result

Russia claims to repel Ukrainian drones after record air strikes on Kyiv

November 26, 2023
in Finance
Reading Time: 3 mins read
A A
0
Russia claims to repel Ukrainian drones after record air strikes on Kyiv
ShareShareShareShareShare

Stay informed with free updates

Simply sign up to the War in Ukraine myFT Digest — delivered directly to your inbox.

Russia has claimed it repelled a wave of Ukrainian drone and missile strikes on Sunday, a day after it launched the biggest drone attack on Kyiv since the start of President Vladimir Putin’s full-scale invasion last year.

The Russian defence ministry said anti-aircraft defences on Sunday morning shot down a total of 24 Ukrainian drones on the outskirts of Moscow, as well as in the regions of Tula, Kaluga, Smolensk and Bryansk to the capital’s south and west.

Russia also said it downed two S-200 air defence missiles that had been refitted to strike ground targets as they flew over the Sea of Azov to Ukraine’s south-east.

The alleged attack came a day after Russia conducted a massive, six-hour drone strike on Kyiv that Ukraine fears is the start of a winter campaign aimed at destroying the country’s power and energy infrastructure.

Ukraine’s air force said it downed 74 of 75 Iranian-made Shahed kamikaze drones over Kyiv and the central regions of Sumy, Dnipropetrovsk, Zaporizhzhia, Mykolayiv and Kirovohrad, including 66 launched at the capital in the early hours of Saturday morning.

The Russian attack wounded five people and left 200 buildings, including 77 residential ones, without power, Ukrainian officials said.

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy criticised the Russian leadership for ordering the drone strike on Saturday, when Kyiv commemorated the 90th anniversary of the genocidal Holodomor famine that killed more than 3mn people in Soviet Ukraine in the 1930s.

“On this day of remembrance, such a terrorist attack means that Putin is proud to follow the greatest killers of the 20th century. If he could arrange another Holodomor for Ukraine, he would do it,” Zelenskyy said.

Ukraine on Sunday did not comment on the Russian claims of a drone attack, which, if confirmed, would be the largest attempt by Kyiv to hit Moscow in several months.

The Russian capital has come under regular drone strikes this year, damaging residential buildings, disrupting airports and even exploding over the Kremlin. Ukrainian officials have not claimed responsibility for the strikes but regularly make cryptic comments hinting at Kyiv’s involvement, using locally made drones to conduct the attacks.

Analysts have described the Ukrainian strikes as an attempt to bring the realities of the war home to a largely complacent Russian population and expose gaps in Russia’s air defences.

Russian news agencies said Moscow’s Vnukovo and Domodedovo airports briefly shut down in the early hours of Sunday morning before resuming flights.

Sergei Sobyanin, Moscow’s mayor, said preliminary information suggested there were “no casualties or serious damage” after the “mass drone strike”.

Regional governor Alexei Dyumin said one person was injured in Tula after one of the drones crashed into a 12-storey residential building and damaged three apartments, giving one person a light laceration wound from the broken glass. No other casualties were reported.

Mash, a media outlet with close ties to Russian law enforcement, said the Ukrainian drones appeared to be a new model styled after the Shaheds supplied by Iran. Previous attacks on Moscow have used the Ukrainian drone manufacturer Ukrjet’s UJ-22 drone and the Beaver drone, prominently featured in a crowdfunding campaign by Ukrainian activists.

Additional reporting by Roman Olearchyk in Kyiv

Credit: Source link

ShareTweetSendPinShare
Previous Post

ESG fund managers worry about blowback if AI goes rogue

Next Post

Hamas releases further 17 hostages on third day of Israel-Gaza truce

Next Post
Hamas releases further 17 hostages on third day of Israel-Gaza truce

Hamas releases further 17 hostages on third day of Israel-Gaza truce

No Content Available
BusinessPostCorner.com

BusinessPostCorner.com is an online news portal that aims to share the latest news about following topics: Accounting, Tax, Business, Finance, Crypto, Management, Human resources and Marketing. Feel free to get in touch with us!

Recent News

Iran issues long list of steep demands the US must meet before the Strait of Hormuz will be reopened

Iran issues long list of steep demands the US must meet before the Strait of Hormuz will be reopened

August 8, 2026
Trump is about to get ‘unchecked authority’ to impose tariffs of up to 100% on top trading partners

Trump is about to get ‘unchecked authority’ to impose tariffs of up to 100% on top trading partners

August 8, 2026

Our Newsletter!

Loading
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of Use
  • DMCA

© 2023 businesspostcorner.com - All Rights Reserved!

No Result
View All Result
  • Home
  • Business
  • Finance
  • Accounting
  • Tax
  • Management
  • Marketing
  • Crypto News
  • Human Resources

© 2023 businesspostcorner.com - All Rights Reserved!